Thursday, November 09, 2006

There was an election

No one seems to be mentioning it, but there was an election. It went Democratic beyond my wildest dreams. I know I will soon be disappointed because they aren't far enough left, but right now, I am wandering around feeling exhilarated. It won't Change Everything. But it may help some things, and I am getting old enough that that is pretty damn good.

Meanwhile, I bought One-Skein Wonders and started something for my mother, and realized the yarn for another project was singles and soft and unsuitable. So I spun it tighter and plied it with another skein of itself, also spun tighter, and it is slightly less colorful but much more durable. And I have almost finished my daughter's gloves, thanks to Ann Budd. I had not found any good advice about gloves the last time I looked in my library, and made nearly all of the first glove before finding this. I ripped it back. It was quite glovelike, but I like the one in the pattern better.

This weekend I am going to an archaeology conference, where I plan to use my drop spindle.

3 comments:

Juno said...

I noticed. It's marvelously encouraging - if the Ds don't screw it up. Focus people, focus. But yes, for the first time in about 6 years I've got a smidge of hope about certian things. It's a good day in the United States.

Rosemary said...

I noticed too. And didn't sleep much Tuesday night waiting for results. AND you--lucky you--have a new Congressperson. I cannot believe that 2 districts in NH voted Dem.

Anonymous said...

Since you mentioned it.......

I need some serious one on one with a person that really drop spindles. I'm getting it mostly, but could use some tips and then the whole plying thing. Any free time coming up?? I'll buy your lunch. Or possibly anything else you want. :)