Monday, January 11, 2010

cold with a lack of focus

I miss Christmas. I still have a little fruitcake left (and half a pair of socks and a late-arriving mittlets) but the fine-pointed guided missile of purpose that I was in December is no more.

Tonight we are expecting the first snow in a couple of weeks.

Marten,cat

Marten watching us in the driveway.


Doug and I decided Paul was never going to get the stuff out of the kitchenette. Doug wanted the space. I wanted him to have it. In a burst of energy yesterday, He and Deb and I rearranged Paul's stuff into a disused portion of freezing porch (safe from rain and snow, however) and Doug rented a steam cleaner and did the rug. Today he is moving furniture in. Katie continues to live upstairs. I hope she gets a better job soon.

Marten,cat

Marten from inside the house. With orchid cactus.


Right, the sun is coming out. Between four to eight inches tonight, for sure. Yesterday it was about 45 degrees F and delightful.

My parents, who are either saints or have decided my company will provide an alibi of some sort, are taking me to New York City for three nights. My mother wants to see an Egon Schiele exhibit. I want to go to the Old Europe exhibit at NYU. Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Sounds like a lovely trip. I'm planning a trip to NYC to see Angela Lansbury and Catherine Zeta-Jones in A Little Night Music. It's one of my favorite shows, and the cast looks amazing. I just wish that they'd previewed in DC.

Anonymous said...

Did you get that illustrated tea cup? #1