Monday, September 19, 2005

Arhhhh.

Me knee is doin' better. No peg-leg this time around.

The swelling ("effusion') seems to be diminishing, much sooner than I would have expected, but I am alternating arnica and ibuprofen (it doesn't hurt, but I have Vicoden if I need it) and knitting a lot and read Jonathan Strange and MR. Norrell, which would be a rattling good yarn even not on Talk Like a Pirate Day.

The knitting. I need to take pictures. Suffice it to say that I apparently think the Mongolians are a very LARGE, sturdy people, built like Alex Karras, perhaps. Or that I need to pay more attention to gauge. I have made one (and started another) of the model-beginner mittens in Anna Zilboorg and there is room in it for a big hand. I hope Mongolian guys don't mind purple heather. I hope the Harrisville heathery purple lasts through the second mitten. Anyone got any?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. You may be interested to you to learn more about advanced product quality planning This solution for advanced product quality planning

Norma said...

Glad to hear the knee's doing better, Hon. Love that spam comment. That ought to make your day, eh? Arrrrr!!

cosmo_dk said...

Can you possibly felt the mitten?

On the other hand, there truly may be someone out there who does need a particularly large mitten.

I love your blog. I'm sitting in the land of "enough" and "way too much" and have just visited Park City, Utah, the land of "excess." Wow.

Must go make some Dulaan hats.

Arrem said...

I've been dropping in on your blog for the last couple of months. It's a delight. However, I'm now beginning to feel like an eavesdropper so thought I'd better just let you know I'm here!