Monday, February 05, 2007

Sleeves!

I have finished both of the sleeves for the OBD sweater. Now to put them onto the body and make a neck. I don't think I have ever made anything this fast (except back in the Dark Ages when I made three vests for me and both very small kids out of rainbow-colored bulky acrylic on size 10 needles in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately they were ugly). The Daughter wants a kind of loose mock turtle neck so she can wear something underneath with no colors in common with the sweater. I don't think she worries as much about itching or about spontaneous combustion as I do. I hope the yarn holds out.

I also wanted to say that I went to the pre-Superbowl sale at the Elegant Ewe and only bought a book I did not need, a pattern for fancy wristlets, and a skein of Silk Road to make them. I like the idea of pre-Superbowl sales; I suppose one could be knitting during the game, but I prefer to think of it as a counterattack.

No comments: