Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update in haste

It should be haste, I need to get dressed, etc. Second night on Benedryl (diphenhydramine, an antihistamine and off-label soporific): _excellent_ slumber, drugged as hell and dizzy in the morning. I haven't coughed yet, which is good, because my back and rib muscles are not happy (and my head may yet explode. Would you want to risk it?). Dizziness may be the glop in the sinus, or the aftereffects of doping.

BUT! I need to say that my knee has gone back to its Clark Kent identity of mild-mannered and not all that wimpy (not that I am pushing off on it or anything silly).

I also heard chickadees yesterday seriously making 'personal column' calls. Northampton, that well-known den of free love and free thinking, had cardinals and woodpeckers advertising, as well as swelling lilac buds; it's a good sign that Bird Romance is in the air here, along with the threat of little white flakes.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I am so happy to hear that the birds are thinking spring thoughts.

Hope you feel better by now.