Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Varnish and corrigenda

The Greeks were a more relaxed and artistically refined sequel to the civilizations of Mesopotamia.  Yeah you're cool, but it wouldn't hurt to shut up once in a while.
The Greeks were a more relaxed and artistically
refined sequel to the civilizations of
Mesopotamia. Yeah you're cool, but it wouldn't
hurt to shut up once in a while.


What is your ancient civilization?
brought to you by Quizilla


I hate it when they're right.

Varnishing actually happens. I will be able to put storage in the storage place (rebuilt loft in rebuilt room; loft is now drying its second coat of polyurethane) for the first time since last October. Not that there's anything wrong with Christmas all year long. One hopes that one will make use of this opportunity to GET RID OF sorry, mustn't shout, some of the cr*p rather than just putting it back up there.

And I think the electrician is coming today. There is a great deal more to varnish in the lower part of the room, but Doug has offered to help. I want to have the room actually running by NH Sheep&Wool (about a month from now), and perhaps Kate will come and help me put Giganto-Loom together then.

Recent birds: the elusive grouse, the flicker, the lovely song sparrow, the small empidonax flycatcher. And the phoebe who nested last year (we found the nest)in the rafters of the back porch/woodstorage area seems to be back. At least, someone roughtly the right size flew out when I went there yesterday evening (needed stove fuel as we are having a cold snap).I hope I don't scare her away.

Note: we had YELLOW-spotted salamanders the other night, I was having a prematurely enior moment when I said (and hyperlinked) that they were blue. Losing it.

Note: I stole the peeper song link from Helen.

Note: My housemate wishes to be known henceforth as 'Sarahmander.' Her idea, not mine, but I like it.

No comments: