Saturday, April 30, 2005

Yarp

Life is not any simpler sometimes. I left the printout for the MA Archaeological Conference at my house. I asked Sarah if she would forward the information to an address here in Northampton, but the power plug into my computer has shorted out and made very bad noises and the computer doesn't seem to work. This will probably delay any updates until and unless I can get it fixed.

The meeting appears to be tomorrow. It was certainly not this morning. I was there, but no one else was. Almost no one on any part of the UMass campus. It was eerie. They were either on a soccer field or asleep. I envied the latter.

On the fiber side,I left my scarf (small portable project) at my parents' house. They have a large, immaculately shored-up hole in their backyard about 20 feet deep, down to the slightly lowered water table. Houses in the South End, the Fenway, the Back Bay, and the North End, in large numbers, are having troubles with a shift in the water table that will cause them to settle several inches rather quickly. No one has any idea what, if anything, the city can do about it. Kind of tough for people trying to sell and move to an apartment.
Since I need a small project, I am making a sock out of a lovely cabled merino called Beatrice (Classic Elite),color 3232. It is going to be very warm, at about 100 grams per sock. I should have checked the yardage. But it's very pretty.

No comments: