Sunday, July 31, 2005

Spiral Crone's Scotty story

From Linda Kerby, a treasure of the SheepThrills yahoogroup:


I don't know if I ever told my Scotty Story to the list or not. No matter;
I'm going to tell it now.

When I was a student at Kansas University in 1986-1987 I heard that Scotty
was going to be in the student union signing autographs as a part of the
twenty year anniversary of the show. I got in a long line and waited my
turn to get my autograph. He looked very tired and bored but he was polite
and patient with all of us.

I got to the table and blurted out, "You know, I was a freshman here when
the show started and I used to sit in this building with my friends and
watch the television in the lobby.

He looked at me long and hard, then he leaned over and said, "Aye, Lassie,
an ya ha nae graduated *yet*?"

Farewell, Scotty

No comments: