Thursday, October 13, 2005

Moose pictures from dig

If you want to see the moose, you have to go here. Right now I am getting ready to go to Rhinebeck. I didn't know I was going, either, but Norma and Cassie have given me an offer I can't refuse, to say nothing of threatening me with a giant Motherwort.

If you aren't that interested in moose, it's enough to know I had a fine log Columbus Day Weekend, with much less rain than they apparently got here. And that they are getting here. If the weather were going to be good, I might not have given into the evil beckonings toward excess in upstate NY (great title for the next entry? We'll see).

When I got home about 3 on Monday, my impending housemate Doug watched me reel around and took me to dinner, partly because he wanted to go to the same restaurant two nights running with two different women. Worked for me. He saw logs and trees coming down the river on Sunday (though no propane tanks), but it was clear but for whitecaps on Monday. VERY high and approaching the level of the bridge.

So naturally, I am driving Southwest. I hope Route 9 stays open this evening.

1 comment:

Baycolonyfarm said...

Cool moose picture! Nathaniel loved it! :)

I'll be looking forward to seeing you this weekend.