Monday, April 09, 2007

in other news

The cat is still back.

I went back to the dentist's. He is still tasty, but tonight I have a temporary crown ($500, ka-ching! and I have dental insurance...)and it hurts like merry hell despite two Vicodin. And another crown to come in May.

April 12 is Yuri's Night. Go and think about the stars and the planets and the satellites and how lucky we are to have an atmosphere and the technology to appreciate, as well as degrade, it.

My friend Sue-at-the-other-end-of-the-hall recommends this site. Click on the horses. It's soothing.

It's still below freezing. Okay, it's 37, but there's still snow on the ground. None of this glass half-full stuff here.

Because of the intense peer pressure when Sarah visited and the NHAS meeting I have two Mountain Goat (no color I can identify, but it's shot with magenta and lovely beyond words; inadequate picture will follow)socks above the ankles, as well as the Lorna's Laces Tuscany (still below the ankles). And barely a toe of Silky Sock, which is tiny gauge and lovely in I think the Antique colorway. But I am not sure I have the fortitude for size 0 needles in size 13 socks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I dig the horses.

Really.

Alice said...

Tiny needles for size 13 socks is rather more like knitting a sweater than knitting a pair of socks, at least as far as time is concerned. But they come out so pretty.

Juno said...

weel if he is going to cost money and cause pain - even in a good cause - the LEAST he can do is be pretty.